Dark circles around eyes? Surfing through your net to know how to remove dark circles? Well, search no further because we have got a refresh for your tired peepers 😀
Dark circles are not a serious skin problem, but they make people look tired, exhausted, unhealthy and older. Are you worried you’re going to be stuck with them forever? Don’t be. You can easily get rid of unsightly shadows under your eyes using some easy remedies. These remedies will help you lighten those dark circles effectively but in order to not have them again, you must bring in some changes in your routine as well. To start off, adequate sleep and rest are a must. Also, to prevent the dilation of blood vessels around your eyes, avoid rubbing your eyes too much or too often, wash them with cold water instead. Most importantly, don’t forget to apply sun-screen each time you’re stepping out and go nuts on the intake of fluids, and foods rich in vitamins A, C and E. These routine changes plus the following remedies will help you bid adieu those dark circles for lifetime. So it’s time to hit refresh on puffy eyes with these tips and tricks!
1. Cucumber, An Under Eye Dark Circle Remover
Remember those Hollywood movies where women are seen relaxing at a spa with cucumber slices on their eyes? Well, they didn’t appear fresh and glamorous without that extra spa effort on sets. Apart from being oh-so soothing and refreshing, the good news is cucumbers can also fix your raccoon eyes. Hurray!!! With skin-lightening and mild astringent properties, they are completely equipped to get rid of that dark around eyes.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill it for about 30 minutes.
- Place the slices on the dark circles for about 10 minutes.
- Wash the area thoroughly with water.
- Repeat this process twice a day for one week to see results.
Image Source: popsugar.com
2. Rose Water to Remove Dark Circles
A skin toner, an eye-soother with pleasant fragrance of fresh roses, there’s a reason mothers always advise their children to rinse their eyes with Rose Water when they’re sore. Due to its mild astringent properties, as well as its toning effect, it rejuvenates your eyes whilst acting as a dark circle remover.
- Soak cotton eye pads in rose water for a few minutes.
- Place the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
Image Source: feminiya.com
3. Raw Potato for Dark Circle Removal
Due to presence of natural bleaching agents in potato, they can help lighten dark circles and get rid of puffiness around the eyes.
- Grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice. (Or you can work with thick potato slices)
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it over your closed eyes (Make sure the juice covers the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids)
- Allow the juice to sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse your eyelids well with cool water.
- Repeat this remedy once or twice daily for a few weeks.
Image Source: virdz.com
4. Tea Bags to Remove Dark Circles Around Eyes
The caffeine and antioxidants present in tea can be highly beneficial for getting rid of dark circles as well as swelling around the eyes by shrinking the blood vessels and reducing fluid retention.
- Chill 2-green or black tea bags in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Place one tea bag over each eye and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and wash your face.
- Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
Image Source: stylecraze.com
5. Mint Leaves for Removing Dark Circles
Probably the most effective cure to those dark rings round eyes. Icing on the cake would be its extraordinarily soothing and cooling effect to the eyes. This is a natural remedy that will soothe and refresh your eyes.
- Take five to six mint leaves and crush them.
- Apply these leaves around the eyes and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wipe it off with a cold cloth.
You can also add mint leaves to tomato juice to make a paste and then apply it on your eyes for 5-7 minutes.
Image Source: virdz.com
6. Eye Cream to Get Rid of Dark Circles Around Eyes
Eye creams with ingredients such as vitamin C, kojic acids and hydroquinone can really help reduce melanin production that is the sole cause in leading to discoloration of your skin. But you need to be particular in applying this every night before you go to bed.
I personally like The Body Shop Vitamin E eye cream and Shahnaz Husain – Shasmooth Almond Under Eye Cream.
Image Source: bodyshop.com
If you are unable to escape stressful times or late night work, you can add these simple natural remedies to reduce the dark circles. P.S Take care of your health and don’t panic or stress much.
Hope you use these remedies everyday and reap the best results!