Believe it or not, eyes are the most beautiful part of our face! And there are so many ways to actually accentuate it! But it is also the most tricky part. You shouldn’t ever, over do your eye make-up! Smokey eyes makeup trend started in 2013! And has been a craze totally! You can go subtle with the smokey eyes and also go real bold with the smoke effect! It’s easy, but you just to need to learn the basics and know your boundaries. A smokey eye doesn’t mean you go on applying layers of eye shadow, eventually making you look like a panda! Don’t worry, however tricky it might be, we’ll tell you how to do smokey eye makeup. Read on to learn How to Get Smokey Eyes on your Special Day!
How to Get Smokey Eyes for Small Eyes : Now, smokey eye makeup for small eyes is a little tricky. You should always line the eyes from below. Choose a light shade near the nose and just get going darker as you move towards the outer eye area. Keep the liner bolder on the outer side. For the top of the lids, take a brush and lightly dab a darker shade. Apply a little bit of eye shadow towards the outer end of your eye. Finish it off with a little shimmer. Remember, not to over apply the darker shade eye shadow, below the yes. Top it off with heavy handed mascara to give your eyes a bigger and more prominent look! Taylor Swift is one such celeb, who rocks the black smokey eye make-up trend! Refer to the images below for a better understanding as to how to do smokey eyes! Back in India, Lara Dutta has smaller eyes, she sticks to metallic eye shadows for a smoke effect!
Alia Bhatt showed us how to flaunt those smoking hot eyes, with a lehenga in Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya! Take a look!
Smokey Eye Makeup for The Blessed Ones with Bigger Eyes : It’s actually easy and simple to do the smokey eye makeup for bigger eyes. Choose bold darker shades for the smokey make-up. The steps are similar :
- Apply a light base or a primer.
- Apply a darker shade on the front part of your eye.
- Apply another shade near the crease.
- Blend the shades and add a dash of mascara to the lashes.
- Finish it off it a silver shadow near the brows.
At the recently held Make in India Week, M.A.C’s senior artist Sonic Sarwate, came up with the smokey eyes make-up, perfected for Indian ensembles. A brush of M.A.C Vintage Rose Cream Color Base on the eyelids, followed by M.A.C Folie eyeshadow. Addition of a coat of mascara will ensure that your eye make-up is sealed! Take a look at the models with perfect smokey eyes make-up in Sabyasachi and JJ Valaya!
Take a look at few other stars who love the smokey eyes, for reference.
- Colored Smokey eyes : From metallic eyes to Gothic smokey eyes, color plays a very important role in deciding your eye make-up for the special day! It is always a good decision to choose the lesser dominant color of your outfit, but then sometimes even the dominant color make your eyes look dreamy! Blue and gold are always the safest options to choose!
- Smokey cat eye : This one’s easy. Remember that you have to give a drag to your eye liner a bit more. Once a thick line of liner is applied to your eyes, you just have to play along and keep applying a darker eye shadow around the liner. Steps to get the perfect smokey cat eye :
- Apply a light colored shadow on the entire lid as base. Then apply a medium smoky color along the lower lash and on the center of the lid. Keep blending from the lash line to the crease.
- Apply a gel based eye liner, to for a smooth stroke and give it a drag for the cat eye effect!
- Start smudging along the line where the shadow meets the liner. Remember to make it look smooth.
- Add two to three layers of mascara to your lashes.
- Dust some silver or white shadow along the lower lash. And you are done!
Hope this helps you gals to decide on how to make your eyes look even better and brighter on those special days of your lives! Remember to always take off every ounce of make-up before you hit the bed! Till then keep practicing!