Saree is an evergreen piece of clothing. Don’t you agree? It is glamorous and makes every girl feel like a princess. Imagine draping five yards of flowy silk and walking down the ramp in heels! I am thinking about my own Cinderella moment here, except that I don’t lose a shoe! If you don’t know the slimming power of a saree, then you don’t know anything! From Sonam Kapoor to Deepika Padukone, our tinsel town celebs swear by designer sarees. Even Angelina Jolie and Liz Hurley seems to have fallen in love with sarees. It’s very difficult to pick a favorite designer though. There would be tough competition between Manish Malhotra and Sabyasachi for sure 😉
Saree shopping is a real tricky job. Sequins or zardosi? Navy or sky blue? Chiffon or Crepe? Cotton on Silk? To buy or not to buy.. We have the answer to all your questions. In today’s blog, we will tell you exactly where to buy the latest designer sarees online. The wedding season is on, so let’s get geared up for some heavy duty, designer sarees online shopping!
Take a look at the pieces in vogue :
1. Heirloom Saree : The bengal or south cotton and the kanjivaram sarees are priceless. They weave a legacy. Handed over from one generation to another, these traditional sarees have beautiful stories to tell. Go raid your Granny’s wardrobe and drape her silk. Kareena Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut and Shraddha Kapoor swear by these sarees too! Just take a look! Accessorize heavily like Shraddha for a desi look, or keep it minimal like Kareena. A little bit of gajra and a bindi can make you look like Kangana 😉
2. The ‘blouse’ saree : It’s all about the blouse! A simple saree can be taken to an absolutely different level, when paired with a contrast colored blouse. See for yourselves, how gorgeous Shilpa and Sonakshi look! You can also pair them with shirts and crop tops! That would look super cool and stylish!
3. The ‘checkered’ saree : Time and again. our celebs have shown us, not one, but many ways of taking the monochrom route. Checks always win! Don’t believe me? Take a look below! Tisca Chopra and Vidya Balan look stunning in the tartan print saree! East meets West, in true sense!
4. The ‘one-minute’ Saree : If you find wearing a saree to be too cumbersome, look no further. We have the perfect designer party-wear sarees for you. They are easily wearable and very manageable. Saree gowns are already a craze all over! Look at how hot Kareena Kapoor and Chitrangada Singh look in their saree gowns! They are perfect replacements for designer party wear sarees, and they look amazing on any body type!
5. Print Love : The more colorful it is, the better! Choose one in flowy fabric, like chiffon, to look amazing like Sophie Chowdry. Multi colored printed sarees look best with self colored blouses. A sleeveless black blouse is a customary must-have!
6. The Quirky Saree : Bring out the fun side in you by wearing the quirky sarees. Look at how Shraddha Kapoor carries a Babita Malkhani print saree with ease. Add a printed blouse and junk jewelry to make the look even more interesting!
7. For the Love of Gerua : And I am sure, you aren’t reading anymore. That is the power, these two have over us. Kajol looks stunning in the latest track from the film, Dilwale. Absolutely loving the yellow saree with pale gold border. Smoky eyes and nude lips, could uplift the look to the next level, Kajol level!
After all, Indian women look best in ethnics!